Launching your Site
When you are ready, you will need to disable your password to let your customers access your website. Here's what to do:
Disabling your Website Password
- Navigate to your online store by clicking 'Online Store' on the menu located to the left hand side of your screen.
- Click the button 'Disable Password'
- You will now be re-directed to a new page under 'Preferences'
- Uncheck the box labelled 'Enable Password'
- If an alert pops up like the one below, then click the section where it says 'set up Shopify Payments'
- If an alert does not appear then you will see a notification box informing you that your website is now live. Congratulations!
Completing your payment Settings
- If an alert did appear and you clicked on it, you will be taken to a new tab titles 'Payment Providers' please work your way through this page and set up your payment options - this is where you decide how your customers can pay you. We recommend activating 'Shopify Payments' as this will save you transaction fee's.
- Once you have finished setting up your payment providers, you can navigate back to the original internet tab that you were on before. If the internet tab has closed, using the menu on the left hand side of the screen select 'Online Store' and then 'Preferences' and you will able to disable your website password from there.
- Once you have disabled your website password a new box will appear and tell you that your website is now live. You are now ready to announce it to the world that you have a new website.