Countdown Announcement Bar
Before we start, this is an app specific guide for the app, 'Countdown + Announcement Bar' so make sure that this app is installed and configured correctly before you start. If you need help we offer it as a service to install on your website, click here for more information.
Locate the Countdown App
- Using the left hand menu on the admin panel of your website locate and click on the 'app' button.
- Once on the App menu, locate and click on the 'Countdown + Announcement Bar' app.
Set up the Countdown bar
- You will now be re-directed to the App settings page.
- On the bottom section of the page, click on the button labeled 'Add Slide'
- A window will now open. Within the text box, type in your message that you want the banner to say. You will notice at the top there will be a preview of what the banner will look like.
- Next, locate the 'Countdown' toggle and click on it.
- On this section, you will now configure the settings of the Coundown timer.
- Under the Timer Date label, select the date that you wish the timer to end on. The timer will then figure out the time until that date.
- If you want to alter the style of the banner, then you can change aspects such as the fonts colour, style, size and weight, and also with the background colour.
- To edit the colour you can either input a hex code (A 6 character code that is unique to a specific colour) or if you do not know the specific hex code, then you can click the small coloured square to the right of the input field and it will bring up a colour picker, where you can choose the exact colour you want.
- Once you are happy with the banner, click 'Submit' at the bottom of the page.
- This will then bring you back to the previous screen, make sure the toggle next to the slide you have just selected is enabled, if it isn't then click on it.
- You can then click the toggle at the top of the page next to the label "Countdown + Announcement Bar Live Tab", this will then set your banner live.
- Give it a few minutes to propagate, but if you now check on your website, it will now be displayed.
Congratulations, your countdown banner is now live. As a side note, it is best practice to make sure you only have one announcement bar live at a time. For example in the image above, there is two bars set to live. To switch off the general announcement bar follow this guide.